Thursday, September 16, 2010

Leave Your Hat On

Leave Your Hat On (Audio CD) A talent like Michael's comes along once in a generation. I first saw him on AGT and the moment he opened his mouth, I commented that if he did not win the contest, AGT made no sense. But he did win, today, and deservedly so, as the songs on his CDs confirm over and over again.

It's astounding to listen to his voice and know that such a deep, unique, mature and soulful sound comes from such a young and unassuming man. An amazing singer. I'm happy to have found him -- and through AGT, of all places. I'm a big fan and will continue looking forward to hearing more from and about him.

Leave Your Hat On (MP3 Download) First of all, I'm writing this after I found out that Michael won season five of America's Got Talent (AGT). I purchased this album after seeing him on this show but just found out that he had won a few minutes ago. Way to go Michael! You deserve it because you've got talent. This album exemplifies that.

This album is the only one of Grimm's that I've have so far, having just discovered him, but he displays a very soulful repertoire on this collection. My favorites are "You Can Leave Your Hat On", "You Got Me Hummin'", "Love and Happiness" and "Try A Little Tenderness". If you discovered him through AGT like I did and enjoyed his performances then you'll enjoy this. A few of his selections for the show are on this album as well.

Michael Grimm, looking forward to seeing more from you. Enjoy the win because you deserve it. Keep the music coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment